Computing Intent Statement
Roots to grow wings to fly
Our computing curriculum is built on our vision of ‘Roots to grow and wings to fly.’ We endeavour to provide the children with opportunities to build and develop confidence with their use and understanding of technology, building on their prior learning.
It is our aim that all children are:
• Provided with opportunities that enable them to grow and develop confidence in their use and understanding of technology, with a focus on online safety;
• Supported to develop their computing knowledge and skills as they make their journey through their primary school education, ensuring that their learning is relevant to all areas of their life;
• Encouraged to broaden their use of computing vocabulary;
• Able to demonstrate their knowledge and understanding through independent challenges and tasks;
• Taught to use technology safely, supported by their parents, the NSPCC and Safer Internet Day.