At By Brook Valley CE Primary School, our aim is to provide an RE curriculum that engages all pupils and enables them to deepen their knowledge and understanding of Christian belief and practice, other religions, faiths and world-views, whilst developing their curiosity and religious literacy.
Our high – quality sequential RE Programme is intrinsic to our Christian vision ‘‘Roots to Grow, Wings to Fly’, enabling all pupils to flourish. It will prepare our pupils for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of life in a diverse modern Britain, now and in the future.
As a church school, By Brook Valley CE Primary School considers RE as an academic subject.
- To know about and understand Christianity as a diverse global living faith through the exploration of core beliefs using an approach that critically engages with biblical text;
- To gain knowledge and understanding of a range of religions and world views appreciating diversity, continuity and change within the religions, faiths and world views studied through meaningful and informed dialogue;
- To explore core concepts, questions and key vocabulary;
- To develop a wide range of skills including enquiry, analysis, interpretation, evaluation and reflection;
- To recognise the concept of religion and its continuing influence on Britain’s cultural heritage and in the lives of individuals and societies in different times, cultures and places;
- To contribute to British values and spiritual moral social and cultural development;
- Are prepared for the next stage of their educational journey.
Linked to Church of England Education office RE Statement of Entitlement, February 2019