Autumn 1 Week 4
Another week completed in Owls class!
The children have been continuing their Harvest Festival practise and are very excited to see as many of you as possible there next week at 9:30 on Thursday at Yatton Keynall Church for our Harvest Festival Celebration! They have been busy singing and creating lots of harvest art to share with you. If your child has brought home a line to say at the service, please practise with them to increase their confidence and help them feel ready!
In our writing this week, we made leaf prints! We used autumn leaves collected on our Welly Walk, describing them using adjectives. We then used sound mats to find the initial and final sounds of the words we wanted to write. The owls came up with some fabulous words to describe their leaves, including cripsy, smooth and crunchy!
In maths, we have focused on numbers 4 and 5, representing them in a number of different ways and practising our number formation. The children used a life-size five frame to look at the composition of 5 using children, bears, counters and beads. They noticed things such as "5 is made of 4 and 1!" and "If I have 3, I only need 2 more to make 5".
The owls have continued using the sounds m, a and t in phonics this week, practising our letter formation and becoming much quicker at hearing the initial, middle and final sounds in words!
Well done to our Star of the week Sadie! Sadie is a perfect role model to her peers, always following the school promises and being caring and considerate. Congratulations Sadie!
Reminders for next week:
- If you have not yet returned your Tapestry consent form or Speech and Language consent form please do return these to Miss Slaney ASAP.
- Harvest Festival Celebration at 9:30am on Thursday 5th October at Yatton Keynall Church.
- Most children look incredibly smart in their uniform each week. Thank you! Please remember that on PE days children still need to be in their green school jumpers. Black jumpers and hoodies are no longer part of our school uniform policy.
- As we are a Healthy School we ask that you please send your child in with water rather than juice or squash in their bottles.
- Parents evening appointments are now bookable via school cloud. Please book your slot ASAP.
Many thanks and have a wonderful weekend!