Autumn 1 Week 3
We love reading in Kestrels!
We have had an enjoyable third week in Kestrels class!
Everybody has shown that they understand and know what it means to follow the school promises of being ready, respectful and responsible, and it is lovely to see!
Highlights of the week:
After having a tour of our school library last week with Miss Davies, the children were able to explore it more this week and choose a book to read with a classmate. After they read the book, they evaluated what they had just read and explained to each other what they liked and didn't like about the book. After this, children came to the front and were able to recommend the book they had read to the rest of the class by explaining the highlights of the book. It was lovely to see children emerse themselves into books and taking interest into different genres, as well as wanting to and positively talk about books to their peers.
I have been very impressed with Kestrel's imagination when describing fire and what London was like in 1666 during the Great Fire of London. As a class, we collated adjectives such as breathtaking, glowing, blazing, fierce, dangerous and many more, which we used to write expanded noun phrases when describing.
In music, we have learnt how music is written. We have been learning the song 'Once a man fell in a well' and, as well as being able to sing it, all children are now able to play it on the Glockenspiel! We had a lot of fun with this!
Our Star of the week is: Ellie!
Ellie has settled in so well to By Brook Valley and comes in every morning and quietly gets on with her early morning task which she works hard on before we sit down for register. Well done Ellie!
Have a lovely weekend,
Miss Hamilton :)
- Please read with your child 5x a week. This is really important!
- Water-bottles and raincoats should be bought to school.
- Homework folders have been sent home with spellings and a maths sheet for your child to complete. Please bring these back in with the homework on Thursday!
- Show and tell: please can you encourage your children to bring in something that relates to what they did on the weekend for next week's show and tell!
- Toys and jewellery should not be coming in to school - this is so that your child doesn't lose them!
- PE days are Monday and Wednesday. Please come in white polo and shorts/leggings these days. Children should wear school jumpers also.