Autumn 1 Week 4
This week we have loved continuing our learning about Romans! We learnt all about the daily life of a roman child, soldier and wealthy Roman!
In science, we have begun to learn about sound and even made our very own paper cup telephones to witness how sound travels through vibrations! We even saw the vibrations move in the water when we put a tuning fork in a bowl of water. It was very cool!
In English this week we have been continuing our focus on diaries and finally wrote our brilliant hot writes! We pretended that we were a child in Pompeii during the eruption of Mount Vesuvius and produced some wonderful diaries.
We have also been practising and preparing for our Harvest Festival, which is next Thursday afternoon. We can't wait to share what we have created.
This week we didn't have our forest school session, so we are looking forward to that next week.
Star of the week:
Our star last week was ... Phoebe T! Phoebe produced such wonderful pieces of writing in English and showed great enthusiasm when doing so! Well done Phoebe!
This week our star is ... Juliette! Juliette has also produced a wonderful diary hot write and has had such a wonderful positive attitude towards school and her own ability! Well done!
Reminders for next week:
- PE days are Wednesday (swimming) and Friday.
- Next Thursday is our Harvest Festival at church.
- Any harvest donations need to be in by Thursday next week.
- Please bring in reading records each day and read 5x per week at home.
- Home learning is sent out each Friday in home learning folders. Their new spellings for the next week will be written on the bottom of that weeks completed sheet. Maths home learning is practising times tables races.
Have a nice weekend :).
Miss Reed x