Communication with Parents
We have a number of ways in which we communicate with parents and share what is happening at our school.
Some of these have been put in place following suggestions from parents so if you feel there is something else we could be doing, please let us know.
- Newsletters and reminders (each week on a Thursday)
- Class Curriculum Newsletters. These are sent out at the beginning of each term to let you know what your child will be learning over the coming weeks.
- Targets. Three times a year we send home a copy of the targets that your child will be working towards achieving, in Reading, Writing and Maths, over that term.
- Our website. This also has a class page which teachers aim to update each week
- Linger and learn. This is an opportunity for you to join your child in the classroom for 20 minutes each term.
- Show and tell. Every Friday your child is encouraged to bring you into their classroom at the end of the day so that you can celebrate with them all their learning and achievements over the week.
- Curriculum evenings. These are held at least twice a year to help you understand more about specific parts of our curriculum and to support you in supporting your child at home
- Parent evenings (October, February, July)
- Written annual report (after Easter)
- Statutory Assessment Reports (summer term for years 1, 2 and 6)
You can also request an appointment to speak to your child’s class teacher, the SENCo or the headteacher by contacting the school office. Making an appointment will ensure that we give you the time you need away from the bustle of our busy school.
If you require any of the documents on our website in paper form, please contact the school office who will be happy to help.